Two exciting opportunities have arisen to join our small but enthusiastic team here at New Forest Golf Club.
Located on the outskirts of Lyndhurst and established in 1888, New Forest Golf Club is the second oldest golf course in the area, steeped in history and its own natural beauty, it is a friendly, members owned club which offers a thoroughly enjoyable experience for members and visitors alike.
Keen to expand our catering department, the club has a couple of opportunities for two Clubhouse Cooks, both to be responsible for all aspects of catering within the club. Previous experience is preferred but not essential. Flexibility to working weekends and evenings is a must, in order to cater for peak demand and to provide post competition meals, your own transport would also be an advantage due to our location. These roles are ideal for those looking to return to a working environment following a career break.
The Clubhouse Cooks will work alongside an existing Kitchen Assistant as and when required. The Golf Club has around 340 members however we are also open to visiting golfers, golf societies, public visitors, walkers/ experience days etc. As our Clubhouse Cooks, you will be expected to prepare items from the menu and maintain a level of hygiene within the kitchen. The function menus are also currently bespoke to the clients request and can be an opportunity for you to show your creativity and passion in food. A positive attitude towards teamwork is essential for this golf club. Standard kitchen hours are 10am-4pm in the summer and 10am-3pm winter – however society days and functions are held midweek during the summer and on around 40 Saturdays per year.
Main Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Prepare and execute the clubhouse menu orders on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensure that the food and beverage are stocked appropriately.
- Manage relationship with catering suppliers.
- Work together to maintain a team environment which promotes good employee morale and an ethos of commitment and pride.
- Training and development of all kitchen personnel – ascertaining individual needs and formulating training plans alongside the “Safe Food Better Business” management.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th March 2020